Who We Are
Smart Choice Metering delivers smart meter solutions to domestic customers, businesses and energy suppliers nationwide.
Our team of fully-qualified Smart Meter Engineers are committed to the UK Government’s Smart Metering Implementation Programme (SMIP), an energy-industry led initiative to roll-out approximately 53 million smart meters to domestic properties and non-domestic sites in Great Britain by 2025.
As a fully-authorised Meter Operator Provider (MOP), Meter Asset Manager (MAM) and Meter Asset Provider (MAP), we believe that our combination of expertise, experience and in-house engineer training academy offers a truly smart, flexible solution to the challenges facing the energy efficiency and metering industry.
Whether it’s for your home or business, our fully-qualified engineers are committed to delivering the smartest solutions with minimum disruption.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do and we aim to provide an atmosphere where our people will thrive and flourish for years to come.
Head of Metering Services
Do you want to work for a fast-paced and dynamic business? If you really want to move forward in your career then we would love for you to consider joining us.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best experts in their field. If you want to join us, we’ll give you the support to build your career and boost your skills. We need all types of people because we believe that a diverse group of people will drive results.
We are looking for Experienced Smart Meter Installers to join our passionate team of experts across the country.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary with a bonus scheme and a call-out retainer.
- The opportunity to pick up extra weekend work if you want it
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company Van kitted out with all the tools you’ll need, branded PPE, phone and tablet
- Genuine development and progression opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing smart electric and gas meters in line with company and industry standards.
- Dealing competently with domestic customers and providing positive information on the benefits of metering.
- Keep to daily call lists and ensuring stock is managed from central distribution point.
- Completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice, fully reinstating appliances after job completion.
- Achieving and exceeding work performance targets and adhering to health and safety procedures.
- Completing and maintaining documentation and online booking system as required.
Skills and Qualifications REQUIRED:
- A current CMA1, CCN1, Diploma in Smart Installation (Gas or Dual Fuel) or an equivalent aligned ACS qualification.
- A current MET1, 2 or 4 or FCO1 qualification.
- A current qualification in ONE of the following: MOCoPA single phase, multiphase cut-out/City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 and 3; City & Guilds 2357 Level 2 and 3/City & Guilds 2330 Level 2 & 3/NVQ Level 3 Electro Technical Services Installations/Diploma in Smart Installation (Power or Dual Fuel).
- Each certificate should be valid for at least 6 months from your start date.
- Practical experience installing gas and electric dual fuel meters.
- A current driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
AL – St Albans
BH – Bournemouth
CB – Cambridgeshire
CM – Chelmsford
CO – Colchester
DG – Dumfries
DH – Durham
EH – Edinburgh
EN – Enfield
GU – Guildford
HA – Harrow
HP – Hemel Hempstead
IG – Ilford
LU – Luton
N – North London (all Boroughs)
NE – Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NN – Northamptonshire
NR – Norwich / Norfolk
OX – Oxford
PE – Peterborough
PO – Portsmouth
RG – Reading
RH – Redhill / Surrey and north-eastern West Sussex
RM – Romford
SE – South East London (all Boroughs)
SG – Stevenage
SL – Slough
SM – Sutton / South West London
SN – Swindon
SO – Southampton
SP – Salisbury / South Wiltshire
SW – South West London (all Boroughs)
TD – Galashiels
UB – Southall (all districts within)
W – West London (all Boroughs)
WD – Watford
(We also welcome applications from candidates in the surrounding areas of these postcodes)